Sunday 11 November 2012

Sunday Stills - Yellow

I was determined not to fall into the "Yellow Autumnal Leaves" trap for this challenge.

I had a couple of things in mind and an action plan for the weekend which would involve "photographing yellow things."  Unfortunately, there's been torrential rain all day today (Saturday) and it's forecast to continue into Sunday, too, so my lovely ideas came to naught.  One of them was at this place, which I visited last Spring, but right now it's undoubtedly just knee-deep red and yellow mud, so no, thanks all the same.

As it happens, I was watching out for yellow things all week just the same, and spotted quite a few very yellow-leaved trees.  This one is the yellowest
but this one is the most interesting.
Good job I took those photos, they're all I've got.  Yellow Autumnal Leaves.

Visit Sunday Stills to see different takes on Yellow.

17 comments:

  1. Beautiful but when the leaves start falling the winter grumpiness sets in :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If the skies stay blue, the winter grumpiness stays at bay. I hope.

      Delete
  2. Nice contrast with the blue sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! We awoke to rain today too, after being promised a lovely Sunday...oh well, what can you do?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm, ours was forecasted. It seems like it rains every weekend here, which is a bit rough on my LSH who work 9-6 Monday-Friday

      Delete
  4. Brilliant shots. Our willow tree looks just like that one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the willow tree! Nice job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. We have some big blustery wind today with a cold front moving in and your yellow leaves will be all I will see today along with a few others on Sundays Stills. That last tree is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The willow tree is a beauty. Behind it is the hilltop village of Mane, which is in a different shot I took of the tree, thinking it would add a bit of interest, but the tree definitely stands in its own right.

      Delete
  7. Oh my, your tree photos are just beautiful! A visual treat for a tree lover!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice job on the challenge. I love willow tree's, they sway in the wind and bring back childhood memories. Did you know if you grab enough branches, you can swing from them :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha, no I did not know that! There were no decent sized trees (of any sort) where I grew up.

      Delete
  9. beautiful shots, we hav those reasons to live in such a beautiful world.

    ReplyDelete

I love comments - I may not reply to them all, but I surely read them all!

Apologies for introducing Comment Moderation, but I've been getting some strange hits recently and I want to reserve the right to control what gets posted here.